SECTION 22-90. PARKING POSITION.
It shall be unlawful to park any vehicle on the streets in the city unless said vehicle is so stopped or parked with the right hand wheels of such vehicle parallel and within eighteen (18) inches of the right hand curb, or on a one-way street, where permitted, the left hand wheels of said vehicle parallel to and within eighteen (18) inches from the left hand curb, if the vehicle is headed in the proper direction. (Ord. No. 256, Section 27, 10-18-37; Ord. No. 269, Section 2, 11-18-41; Ord. No. 292, Section 3, 8-19-47; Ord. No. 395, Section 2, 2-25-63; Ord. No. 795, 6-22-87.)
SECTION 22-91. MAXIMUM PARKING TIME GENERALLY; TOWING.
It shall be unlawful to park or leave any vehicle on any street in the city during any time of the year, for a continuous period over seventy-two (72) hours, and any such vehicle may be towed away at the expense of the owner and placed in out-door storage. (Ord. No. 395, Section 3, 3-25-63; Ord. No. 795, 6-22-87.)
SECTION 22-119. SAME – EARLY MORNING HOURS.
Between the hours of 2:00 A.M. and 6:00 A.M., it shall be unlawful for any person to park or cause to be parked any vehicle in the following designated areas: (Ord. No. 900, Section 1, 05-09-94.)
1. North Frederick Avenue from the north line of East Charles Street and West Charles Street to the south line of the bridge just south of Second Street Northeast and Second Street Northwest.
2. South Frederick Avenue from the south line of East Charles Street and West Charles Street to the right-of-way just south of Third Street Southeast.
3. First Avenue Northeast from the north line of East Charles Street to the south line of First Street Northeast.
4. First Avenue Southeast from the south line of East Charles Street, south to the north line of First Street Southeast.
5. First Avenue Southwest from the south line of West Charles Street to the north line of First Street Southwest.
6. West Charles Street from the west line of North Frederick Avenue and South Frederick Avenue to the Chicago Northwestern Transportation Company right-of-way.
7. First Street Southeast from the East line of South Frederick Avenue to Second Avenue Southeast.
8. First Street Southeast from the east line of South Frederick Avenue to First Avenue Southeast.
9. Second Street Southeast from the east line of South Frederick Avenue to the alley between Frederick Avenue and First Avenue Southeast.
10. The south half of old city hall parking lot. (Ord. No. 900, Section 2, 05-09-94.)
(Ord. No. 262, Section 6, 11-6-39; Ord. No. 263, 3-4-40; Ord. No. 269, Section 4, 11-18-41.)
The Oelwein Police Department was established in 1903
Currently the Oelwein Police Department employs:
7 Reserve (Volunteer) Police Officers
The Oelwein Police Department is located at 501 Rock Island Road, Oelwein, Iowa 50662.
Use the contact form below to send us an email
You can use the following information to contact us. If an emergency or to report a crime, please call the Oelwein PD. It may take a few days before your email will be received.